Saturday, March 01, 2008

Hitting Under The Belt





[edit: now i've got pics!]


we all know hitting under the belt is a sneaky, nasty and unethical way to fight right?
yeah, but it doesn't deter people from doing it, right?

you know why? because it just feels so good la.
i have all these nasty comments i have inside my head when i see certain pictures.. or read certain things. maybe it's my personal bias towards the person or subject, but more often that not, hitting under the belt really hurts the other person right?

yeah and i guess that should be the main reason not to do it.
although it just.... *squeals* feels so good!
maybe it's a narcissistic girl thing, i dunno. but normal girls will feel the way i do.

don't come and preach to me of your dogma. i know.
i'm just saying what's on most people's mind.
most NASTY people's minds, perhaps.

pffbt.
i'll reserve my comments.
efforts are efforts, and although we (or i) belittle them, it is, at the end of the day, THEIR effort and not yours.

ish. you know i'm just beating around the bush!




k change topic!

yesterday night went well! :D
better than expected! i have a grand total of... 2 pictures!
not taken by me at that. but they're so ugly (because i look ugly in them) :(

but anyway, there were about 20-25 people who turned up, which was a far more encouraging number of people than the 10 who confirmed attendance on facebook. 6 of which were the organisers -_- but yeah, more people popped in and plus the ones involved.. made up to about 20 people i guess... it was a nice number.

i hope people were blessed. don't know to what extent they took the event seriously or not also. some were just mucking about at the back talking quite loudly while the performers were up there doing their thing.

one guy (his name is drew), he did damien rice's volcano. aww so nice k. he has that kinda voice. but that kinda voice.. very hard to tell what he's singing also la. so if you don't know the song, you sure don't know what he mumbling about (yea i know right! because i had no idea what he was singing for the other 3 songs that he performed!).

and there was another group all 3 ladies (i actually thought one of them was a guy because she had such short hair!). 2 sang, one of the singers played the guitar, and the short hair lady played the bongos. the singers had such sweet smooth voices (very british)... so they sounded very odd when they sang shania twain's songs hahaha (goodness la, british people singing american country songs. just as bizzare as a chinese girl singing american country song haha *imaginary fingers point to me* nyahaha).

i did the thing with my CU leader. he's korean! and he did 3 songs, i backed 2 of them. and then i did my own. i won't evaluate myself. har har. but hwapyeong did really well. he sang a song from oasis "stand by me" (no it's not the Timon and Pumbaa one -_-). funny how i never really liked their songs. maybe because we were all too caught up with savage garden and goo goo dolls at that time. you know, what with same timing and all (something like christina aguilera & b. spears and jessica simpson & mandy moore).

yeah so i sang the last song, and i was very nervous. so nervous that when i was playing, i gripped on tooooooo tight that i couldn't change chord from Am to Bm (yeah i was shocked too! i looked at my hand in disbelief hahha). yeah shuttup don't laugh at me la :( nervous ok. first time doing something like that HERE, and first time letting the song out. they had preview. hahaha.. because resonation wasn't interested in it hmph.

yea and the night ended when my flatmate sweetie bought me a glass of wine :)

by the way hor! roar lah!
i dont know if it's just me, but i hate it when i see people simply use flash. i mean. just because it's dark you doesn't mean use flash ma... kan? see, cos yesterday night right, the setting was just so nice k. it was dimly lit, but at the music stand, there was a bright spotlight for singers/performers to see their scores/lyrics. so it basically had a really good light setting! there was a nice gradient light flow (did that make sense?), with the brightest spot being at the performers and then slowly fade out to the surroundings.

it looks like if you had a normal photo, and then you add the "lighting effects filter" to the picture lah. so there's a very bright spot in the centre and then it fades out nicely to the sides kind. something like that lah, just NICER.

with hwapyeong aka "anonymous"

but there was this lady (i don't know who), who was with one of the bands, she was like taking photos and all that la.. nothing bad about it or whut.. just that.. she kept using the flash! and then she was like totally hairan when her pictures all turned out dark and sharp and mostly.. black. with maybe hints of orange. and flash shadows.

flatmate sweetie ranjana <3

and then! not only that! after i did my thing, my friend (my only invitee who turned up, cis. my only supporter and the only one who loves meeeeeeee), she was the one la so nice take picture for me kan.. and then as she was explaining.. she said that she had to use flash because it was dark to make the picture nicer! :S

hmmm! if everybody's concept of taking pictures in darker rooms is to put on the flash, no wonder people who have DSLRs are hailed as kings and automatically labelled "PHOTOGRAPHER"! duh. what a con.

general public mah, i guess. this is how people make money the legal way. con through the lack of knowledge! like selling an old ah mah this "new" tetris gameboy and tell her that it's the latest and she go gladly pay 200 ringgit to buy for her grandson.

kena con!
shit i miss my popo, now that i was talked about grandmothers :(

don't be ignorant!!
be a smart consumer!
i'm not saying it like i'm so smart with the camera la. just the flash bit gets to me sometimes, heh.




oh look how far i've digressed.
yay i'm going to notts in 5 days, i cannot wait! :D
if you made it this far, CONGRATS!
because no pictures and so little colour! i would have been bored too!

xx

6 comments:

kuching said...

I made it this far!! *bangga* Where's my medal? Trophy?

Shawn said...

ranjana looks scary.. =P

Mel O said...

Eh, I love you too! Just that, erm, couldn't make it only >.< Don't say I don't love you lah! I cannot take it one lor. Later I go jump down from this building :(

this girl said...

ching yee: eh i said congrats already maaaaaaa hehehe :)

shawn: eh you nonsense. she's a sweetheart ok! yea her eyeliner make her LOOK scary only! hee

mel: hee hee :) awww i know la i know, don't jump ok! how could i live without you laaaaaaaa :'( do you want me to join you when you jump also ahhhh :( don't laaaaaaaaa
i love you also ma :)

Mel O said...

Hahaha. As long as you love me, I won't jump already lor. Hehehe. I won't leave u alone also. I won't la I wont. Hahaha. I know we both love each other!

Hahahaha. Beh tahan

this girl said...

mel: LESBO MUCH
hahaha