Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I don't know....

..... if I did the right thing.

Is going into this job thing REALLY... what I want? Or.. more importantly (maybe not), good for me?

While most around me are telling me what an excellent-prospected job this is, I can't help but to wonder if my lack of interest in it a sign of me being a brat, or if it is REALLY something I don't like. Should my fickle and lacadaisical feelings be put into consideration, since times are bad, and jobs like these are hard to come by, and the fact that I got it at this time may mean something?

I've scorned and picked on the recent group/bunch of Malaysian fresh graduates who are picky with their first jobs. The reason why they were all unemployed was because they were PICKY PICKY PICKY about their jobs! 

Now I'm the one being picky, right?

I have several reasons as to why I have half a mind to just pack up and leave (after only one day, WHAT on earth!), but one part of me does want to stick around and tough it out to see what happens (also to sapu some salary la aih). 

I came out of uni, wanting QUITE desperately to leave the world of mugging (ergh) behind, but only to be thrown and RUSHED (literally) into a position where I have to do it all over again! Let's face it, I'm not a books person (omg, please believe me, why don't you!), and to be doing this all over again is just plain ... pointless.

But nothing easy is worth getting, that's what I've learnt over the last 2 years.. So I'm going to give this a try. If in the event that I really (and truly) feel uncomfortable doing what I'm supposed to do, then I'll stop.

But other than that, I'm hoping to dear God that somehow I'll know if what I'm doing is good... or not.  Everyone around me thinks and says that it's GOOD... Great! And even FANTASTIC, but I think I'm the only one who doesn't think so.

Have I grown up, or have I not?!


No comments: