Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chinese New Year

Today marks the final day of the Chinese New Year! :)
The normal international calender has like, A DAY in a year to celebrate but we Chinese like to hit it up and party/pig out for 2 whole weeks!

Realising that my readers (or so my counter says) are largely from countries not my own, instead of blogging like we all know what's goin on, lemme accompany you through how we Malaysians celebrate the Lunar new year :)

1) It is celebrated with family, friends, and the dearly loved :)

My mother, family friend, Daddy

Daddy and his older sister
With some Famous Grouse. 

Mother

Ahyee, Daddy, Aunt, and Ahyee 2

Sisters in law :)

My mother and her children

Sisters in law

Sisters

My parents

My brother

Aunties and uncle

2nd grand aunt

Aunt and GRANDMAMA!
She's a mean cook! 

With my aunt


2) It is celebrated with foooooood

Apparently, yee sang is not a staple in every country.
Only Malaysia and recently, Singapore

Monk-Buddha-Jump-Something-Fly-Wall
I can never remember the name.
It's just soup.

Suckling piggy :D

COOOOOOOKIES :D
Sweet! Salty! Crunchy! Melty! 

Assam fish head omgggggggg
So, SO good.

Nonya laksa 
*slurpssss

Check out the cutlery holder.
Old school.


Malaccan chendol is special. It's better.

AH! And the cutest yam bomb I've had!
They're ducks! Can you spot it!!!

Steamed mince pork topped with scallop

RIBS. 
Chinese style.
Word.

Kueh Kak
'D:

SUPER CUTE CAN DIE
Mooncakes!

3) It is not without free money in awesome red packets :D



4) It is HOT HOT HOT HOT weather, perfect for certain seasonal flowers to grow.

Do you see the hidden bird perched inside the red flower? :)

Uhm, cats whiskers?

The biggest, most fully bloomed species of the hibiscus I've seen lo
Open till damn vulgar wei.



This year the family spent some time looking at REALLY old photos :)
Some way before my father was born, some when I was still a kid, some when my great grandmother was still alive :)

Mother, my aunt, MY BROTHER OMG LOOK AT HIM HAHAHAHA

My uncle and aunty when they were dating :)

My 3rd uncle's wife when she was 16!

GREAT GRANDMAMA! With her oldest daughter and 3rd son
This was her 90th birthday!

The big KAN-FAMILY photo.
GREAT GRANDMAMA seated in the middle-front.
Daddy's the tallest boy in the middle there (super samseng-- you see his face hahaha)

My parents' wedding photo kekeke
Does my dad not look malay here? O_o


The past 2 weeks were good :)
Today, the 15th day, is also the full moon :)
It looks much better in real life, but my camera managed to snap tonight's light the best it could :)

Nah big big :)



HOOOOOKAY.
Imma end indulgently-- with a picture of..

ME! and my messy lion hair -_-
Also to tell you that I bought red lipstick and I LOVE IT! :D


Sigh, time to lose the CNY weight.
Nonstop eating all went to my thighs FML.

xx

2 comments:

Kevin Teoh said...

but what if your readers abroad are malaysian?

this girl said...

Kekeke! Then they (aka you) can just stare at amazing food pictures! :D