Monday, July 30, 2007

Hidden Disappointment.

it's been cloudy and dew-y the whole day today.
the weather called my name to sleep.
the couch called me to lie on him
my bed moaned to be slept on.

and so i did
for 5 hours.
hahaha
:D

i woke at 6.30 this morning, ergh.
went to the British High Commission to submit my appeal for visa.
GAWD, these British people are sooooo stuck up!
it was freaking raining this morning, and the bottom of my jeans was SOAKED!
but still they refused to let anybody in, and made me stand out there in the pouring rain handing them my 5 FREAKING COPIES of documents.
*which btw cost me RM31 TO photocopy -_-

and after that!!!!!!!!
they left me there to pass it to the officer -_-
and thennn!!!!!
they came out again to tell me that

"these few documents tak di-stated kat sini kan? officer perlu tak?"
"uhh... tak lah. nak tunjuk evidence saje"
"ok lah kalau macam tu you ambik ni balik, dan tunggu saye"
"ok"

*rain rain rain rain*

then she comes out again after 10 minutes to tell me i can go home.

OMGLAH YOU BRITISH PEOPLE!
I WON'T BOMB YOU!!!!!

i promise :(

went home a very cold and wet keshia :(
and nervous.

I REALLY HOPE THEY WON'T SEND IT TO THE TRIBUNAL IN UK :(
that would take 6 freaking months to get an answer
and my intake is in about 75 days + -
hope and pray with me please :(((

do you wanna runaway together?
i would say it was your best line, ever.
too bad i fell for it



**on a separate note**

i cooked a very large (and i'd like to think it's lavish) meal for my family yesterday for dinner. it was.... very undecided. maybe it was very bad, but they were just too polite to say so. or it was SO good, that they were speechless. *beams*
pffbt* i hardly think so

BUT

i guess they didn't really like it cos they were commenting ALOT on the bbq-ed chicken wings my dad was smoking up, and NOTHING what-so-ever on my carbonara and marinara :( keshia is oh-so-sad.
sigh.

maybe i'm destined not to be a good cook :(
now my wife-market value has dropped tremendously :(
BOO.

but i spent in total of 2 hours slaving (ha ha, not really) over a hot stove making the sauces as perfect as it can be for pasta ok! little bit of this, little bit of that, started with just onions and garlic, and voila this masterpeice came out!

so the menu for the night looked like this

1) mash potatoes with bacon bits on top
2) seafood marinara
3) carbonara
4) bbq-ed chicken wings
5) fresh garden salad
6) chinese tea soaked eggs (char yeep tahn)
7) mangosteens and durians for desert

that was ALOT of food for about 9 people. seriously.
half the family ate durian with rice (it's a hokkien thing, but it's gaaaaaaaawjus!), and then went on to the pasta and the blah blah blahs.

the ONLY comment i got was that my carbonara was too salty :(
i'm going to cry :'(

sigh.

then they all sang high praise to the bbq-ed chicken wings :\ which was absolutely perfect la, i must admit. but i did the marination, har har! hmph* :(
the spotlight was to be on the pastaa laaaaaaa :(((((((((

aih.

then this morning, i ate some of the leftover pasta for breakfast.
DAMN NICE WHAT! O_o

maybe i'm just a cook who likes to eat her own cooking. sigh.

7 comments:

Kevin Teoh said...

welcome to england, lovely folk these people are. i'm sure what happened was in your best interest- just trying to acclimatise you to the weather here. all you needed to make it better- a nice cuppa tea! hahahahahaha. =) Long live the Queen.

Hwei Cheng said...

l.o.l. i couldn't stop luffing reading your post. reminds me of how i first baked my r.o.c.k.y cookies. i ended up finishing everything myself...

this girl said...

kevin: eh what lah, i'm not there yet alsooo!!! have to wait for visa approval :( boo. prayyyy withhh meeeeeeeeeeee :(((

hwei ching: hee hee i baked rock hard cookies too...! but i had the youth in church to eat it all up cos they were sweet! :D baked too long hehehaha

--kim said...

I liked the carbonara :-D I had it for supper that same night then for lunch the next day. Nice what!

this girl said...

kim: ehhh! you didn't come that night :( i was quite looking forward to seeing you also cos i know you like pasta (but couldn't remember which type- then yr mama said you're a carbonara girl)..

Long Bean said...

Salty nice wat!
i like my food to be slightly saltier than usual.
And spicier.
And sweeter.

hehehehehe...

this girl said...

petrina: yesh you like your food just BURSTING with flavour right right right?! maybe my genre of food didn't mix well with the age group. dunno :\