Monday, January 12, 2009

Patronize

EDIT: Old post 11th Jan. Don't know why wasn't posted. Need this for archiving. Bear with it :)
----------

Been thinking about the word "patronize" lately.
It could mean 'to give business' (right?), and it could also mean 'to demean'.


Personally, I can't stand for patronization, and will not. But I think (drawing this conclusion from another scenario), that there is a very fine line between humility and being a pushover. Right?


How much does one take in (patronising) before snapping back?


I'm beginning to think I'm not a very nice person because my tolerance has PLUMMETED to a near level of zero (I'll wait for that pizza I ordered, but I don't want to wait for you to get back to me with an answer longer than a day). Something's definitely wrong.


But being patronised is something totally different right?
Your being is being provoked and challenged!


Ngeh.

No comments: