Because there was too much flour and too few eggs,
Too much sugar and not enough time in the oven.
Everything went wrong.
Determined to succeed in making this seemingly "easy" cake- what, don't need much flour, all the ingredients wet wet one, and plus, all can fit in oven toaster- I decked it all out and tried it again on Saturday :)
Pleased to report, IT TOTALLY WORKED!
Here's the recipe:
4 whole eggs
4 egg yolks
450 melting chocolate (sweetened)
2 tablespoons flour (+ - 100g)
- Melt down chocolate and butter together (either put it in the microwave for about 2 minutes, or melt it over a steaming pot of boiling water over the stove)
- When melted (should look shiny and smoooooooth), add in sugar to dissolve
- Let rest for about 2 minutes before adding all the eggs in
- STIR LIKE YOU'VE NEVER STIRRED BEFORE!
- Lastly, add in the flour and stir till smoothly combined
Grease (important!) coffee cups/ramekins with butter
Preheat oven to 175*Celcius
Bake for 10-15 minutes (don't be tempted for any longer)
When done, centre of the cake will be slightly gooey, not completely cooked through.
Run a sharp and thin knife around the cup to loosen the edges, and let cool (very important!) for about 5 minutes.
Overturn the cups/ramekins over a plate and give it a jiggy to get it out
DONE :D :D
Gooey, CHOCOLATEY, warm goodness to make you fat :)