Saturday, January 23, 2010

Indulging.

The bitterness harboured
The memories due
Long gone and discarded
In bight blue black hues

I revel in your pain
I relish in your sorrow
No words to explain
No feelings I could borrow

I hate you, I love you
More hate, it's true.

A creature of habit
With affections that linger
I already buried it
But I still remember

I think of the smiles
I think of the laughs
I think of the times
The cross in our path

You were wonderful then
Ignorance was nice
Timing was when
I found out your vice

You dirt, you scoundrel
You joke, you stupid girl

The biggest mistake-
You forgot to partake
The trust that loves makes
And now it's too late.

You were wonderful then
I remember it well
Maybe if time didn't tell
Then maybe there'd be no when.

---

I suppose we fall in love with the idea of a person but never really see what is right in front of us.
Felt like it was the longest lie ever. 5 years, holy moly.

Now I see the pictures and the new memories made, I sometimes wish I were a part of it until I take a step back and see the bigger picture.

Like I said-- 5 years of constant closeness will only leave you to feel empty when apart. So it isn't about the yearning. Or the affection. It's merely the familiarity that I pang for.

Wasted.
Such a waste.

No comments: