Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Strange Work Week

Diwali and some Muslim holiday.

My ignorance does not irk me. This country has a plethora of reasons not to work.

But I like that I get to spend the days off with D. It's nice when we're both alone and have nobody else to worry about. I like when we're both engaged into making our relationship that much sweeter.

I'm not complaining that there's 2 public holidays in the middle of the week. It's awesome! In fact, if I were to have a mundane 9-5 job, it would be spectacular! But I'm now working in an ad agency (ha! dreams come true), and chasing clients in this time is so inconvenient.

I really quite like it here, it's a pity that I'm not staying for a longer term. But the truth is, I am not stretched here, and I don't think it's the best of places to be. Advertising and boot-licking is really not my thing-- though if I tried hard enough I might actually excel in it. Advertising, that is. Not boot-licking. It's down to whether or not I want to. Meaning is void in this industry, and at the end of it all what can I say I've accomplished? A few happy clients and more requests to fulfill? Unattractive.

I start a new adventure in January 2013, and to be really honest, I'm quite excited. I usually try not to vest any emotions into what I do (much to my demise) but I think this time I want to. I wonder if it'll be good? Haven't been unscathed in the past year and quite frankly I have broken dreams.

2012 has been the maddest year of my life and I can't wait for it to be over!


No comments: